Cessnock Golf Club was established in 1927 and developed as a 12 hole golf course by 1946. Three years later, the golf course added the last 6 holes and built a simple club house. Over the next 30 years, the club house underwent several modifications until sadly, in mid 1990, it was completely demolished. The nearby building, which contained squash courts, was then converted into The Oaks Golf club house.
This same site includes stylish renovations which has become home to the latest Cessnock Golf Clubhouse. during the development phase of the Residential Living precinct after which the Club will proudly unveil a brand new club house adjoining the 18th golf hole .
The new Cessnock Golf Club represents the latest incarnations of the course and will continue to be the main public golf course in the Cessnock area.